Monday, February 13, 2012

1993 Flair

I decided to get started on another collecting goal for 2012. Today I purchased a mostly complete set of 1993 Fleer Flair. To me, this is the best set that was released in 1993. While some will argue that Topps Finest is by far a better product I would have to respectfully disagree. While I'm not a huge fan of Fleer products, next to Authentix, this is a gorgeous set that's under appreciated by many. The thick card stock, UV coating on BOTH sides of the card, gold foil and supreme photography makes this set a winner in my book. As for the "Wave of the Future" insert set that Fleer included, while it is a little hokey, I like the idea behind it. I just wish they didn't have a huge crashing wave in the background. To me that's just totally stupid. But like I've said before in the past, no product is truly perfect.

1 comment:

  1. I love this set.

    I can just see in a disaster flick with a mile high tidal wave some guy going out to get the morning paper and seeing the wave and saying, "That's totally stupid" before getting blown away by the wave.

    Directed by Michael Bay.

    ReplyDelete