Friday, February 7, 2014

2012 Leaf Pete Rose The Living Legend

This is the first addition to my Pete Rose PC. While I have all of Pete's regular issued Topps base cards from 1963-89 when he was with the Reds, those are strictly for my Reds team sets and I'm starting from scratch. I was able to pick up this 50 card set for 11cents a card! I thought about getting an unopened wax box that came with 60 cards and an auto, but I didn't want to run the risk of coming up short on the set and getting an autograph I didn't like. While there aren't any stats on the back of the cards and the uniforms have had their logos airbrushed out, I do like that there is a story on the back of each card detailing what was taking place in the card photo. I only wish that Leaf would have used a photo of Pete sliding head first wearing a Reds uniform instead of the Phillies.

No comments:

Post a Comment