Friday, July 18, 2014

1991-92 Stadium Club Hockey

Baseball season resumes tonight and I'm hoping the second half of the season is just as exciting as the first. My Reds are only a game and a half back so I'm hoping the club can avoid the injury bug that ran rampant on the roster in the first half of the season. This is my last post of sports cards I collect that aren't baseball related. I've only recently started to follow hockey, and while I'll probably never be a hard core collector of the sport, it is fun to watch (though confusing to understand all the rules). Again, due to my admiration of Stadium Club, I decided to chase this set because of the photos on the card, the mini rookie cards on the back, and the hockey rink that was used as the background on the back of the cards. If there's one gripe I have with this set, it's the use of portraits instead of all action shots. You would think Topps could have gotten a picture of Gretzky on the ice instead of in front of a microphone. Either than that, it's a very clean and beautiful set.

No comments:

Post a Comment