Friday, March 6, 2015

A Supplement to my 2011 Topps Set

Last year I was able to finally complete my 2011 Topps set and although I haven't begun collecting the 60+ short print cards that are in the series 1 and 2 sets, I did decide to chase a supplemental for this set. I have always been on the fence when it comes to Opening Day. While it's a separate set in and of itself, there have been times when I've contemplated picking up the Reds cards to add to my Topps Reds sets because the design is identical to the flagship set. Unfortunately, most of the photos used in the set are identical to the flagship set as well and to me it makes no sense having cards that are essentially duplicates (with the exception of the Opening Day logo) in the same binder. So, I've stayed away from Opening Day until a few weeks ago when I began chasing the Mascot inserts from the 2011 set. The 25 card set is a nice addition to my 2011 Topps set and it will display nicely in a binder at the end of the flagship set. If I had to choose a favorite mascot from this set I would have to say it's this Philly Phanatic.

No comments:

Post a Comment