Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Giving in to the Dark Side!

I've tried for the longest time not to collect anything other than baseball cards (with the exception of the few sets I have that are basketball, football, and hockey). I just knew that if I started down a non-sports card rabbit hole I could find myself focusing opening another collecting door that would take my time and resources away from my primary hobby pursuit. I've done a great job thus far until I received a pack of cards from my daughter this past Christmas. She knows I'm a huge Star Wars fan and she decided to buy me a pack of 2015 Topps Chrome Star Wars Perspectives. I had always been a fan of the Star Wars Widevision sets but I didn't want to pursue six different sets with the possibility of three additional sets with episodes VII to IX. The perspectives cards, on the other hand, are more manageable. The 2015 set has 150 cards (100 base cards and 50 inserts). That should only take up one binder in my collection - nothing too out of control. I like the look of the cards in that you can never go wrong with chrome (especially with anything that has a space theme). I also like that each character has two cards in the set with a different write up on the back of the card based on a different "perspective". 

2 comments:

  1. I feel you. I have an interest in Star Wars cards. But I'm afraid of the rabbit hold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's so much out there: the classic sets, widevision, masterpieces, perspective that it would be very easy to get caught up in trying to collect all of it. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Topps doesn't release a perspective set each year :)

      Delete