Thursday, February 25, 2016

Three to go!

It's very sad that it's taken me over a year to knock off just one card from my Ten Most Wanted list. I've had plenty of opportunities to make a dent here and there over the past year, but have failed miserably as I've gotten sidetracked by projects I've always wanted complete but never started (more on that in future posts). I was finally able to purchase 1 of 4 cards I needed to complete the 1986-87 Fleer basketball set, the Magic Johnson card you see here. I've been working on this set long before this blog came into existence. While 3 doesn't seem like such a bad number, they're all very expensive cards (a Hakeem Olajuwon rookie, a Michael Jordan rookie, and a Michael Jordan sticker...ouch!) I'm sure I could probably pick up an Olajuwon later this year but those two Jordans are going to be out of my reach for quite some time.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the Magic! I also need the MJ...probably won't ever get that one. I also need Danny Ainge, Julius Erving and Albert King to complete my base set. I need three of the stickers, including Jordan, as well as Bird and Wilkins. Maybe someday!

    ReplyDelete