Monday, May 23, 2016

So Close, Yet So Far Away

I pulled the trigger on one of the last few remaining 1986-87 Fleer basketball cards I needed. With Olajuwon's rookie card I'm down to only 1 card and 1 sticker I need for the set. Unfortunately they're both Michael Jordan. I could take some time and save up to try and get the sticker sometime this year, but I'm not sure I want to do that. I would like to try and complete at least my 1950 and 1951 Bowman Reds team sets and if I chase after the Jordan sticker I can forget about completing those two team sets. Anyway, I'm glad this card is now part of my collection.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats! I'm 4 base cards away from the set myself, but luckily this is one I have. The Jordan is not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Billy. It's been a long project to work on but it's always nice when you're one card closer to completion.

      Delete
  2. Love that card. I'm one card ahead of you. I have the complete sticker set... and just need a Jordan for my base card set. The problem is I'm too scared to pull the trigger on a non graded Jordan rookie... and graded copies are way too expensive for my taste. Chances are I'll never complete this project. Best of luck to you though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fuji. I agree with you about the non graded Jordan. I don't want to shell out hundreds of dollars for something that could be counterfeit. If I purchased a graded copy I would bust it out of the case and place it in the binder with my other Fleer cards just because I'm OCD. I'll probably pick up a copy eventually but that's years down the road.

      Delete