Tuesday, November 1, 2016

A Former Expos

There aren't a lot of Pete Rose cards out there that feature him as a member of the Montreal Expos. He's known more for the time he spent with Cincinnati and Philadelphia and, as a result, most of the cardboard out there features him as such. I still forget that Charlie Hustle played 95 games with the former Canadian team that now resides in our nation's capitol. Regardless, the few cards that I have of Rose in red, white and blue are fantastic and this card is by far my favorite. I found this card last week while browsing around eBay and although the back says 2007, it's from 2015 Sportkings Vault. I'm assuming this piece is from the striping that ran down the shoulders and sides of the old Expos jersey. The only thing missing on this card is the Expos logo on Rose's batting helmet. Nonetheless, it's still a great card and I'm happy it's now in my collection. It's amazing what you can stumble upon when you're just browsing.


4 comments:

  1. At least the Expos helmet and uniform are so distinctively designed that it almost doesn't even matter if the logo is Photoshopped out. There's no doubting that he's an Expo here, that's for sure. Nice pick-up!

    ReplyDelete