Thursday, January 12, 2017

Time for another Rose!

Here's the latest addition to my Pete Rose PC, and it's a beauty! Out of all the non-licensed cards that are currently being produced, Playoff Prime Cuts is probably my most favorite. Last year I had the intentions of purchasing this card on COMC. While the price was a little bit high, I decided to wait to see if the seller would put the card on sale. That didn't happen and the card eventually sold before I had the opportunity to grab it. Luckily a listing popped up on eBay a few days ago for this card. I made an offer and for just a bit more than the price of a blaster I was able to add this card to my collection. Numbered 16/25, this is the 574th unique Pete Rose card to enter my collection. I'm just curious, are there any instances where you were going to purchase a card, it sold, but then you were able to acquire it for a better price shortly afterwards?

2 comments:

  1. I'm trying to determine what uniform those swatches are from, based on the color. Or are they just really faded white?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They look like they're white but yellowed. Not sure if it's from age, dirt or something else.

      Delete