Monday, March 13, 2017

A Smattering of eTopps

I've mentioned before on this blog my love for eTopps cards. There's just something about the design that I've always found appealing. While I've completed the 2008 eTopps baseball set, I had toyed around with the idea of chasing the 2005 eTopps baseball set but with 112 cards to chase I decided against it. I did, however, decide to seek out the Hall of Famers (or soon to be members of Cooperstown) from the 2005 set. Yesterday I was able to add four more to my collection.





With the addition of Guerrero, Johnson, Martinez and Pujols I now have a total of 11 cards from this set (the others being Griffey, Ichiro, Jeter, Bagwell, Clemens, Chipper, and Pudge). There is one more card I would like to pickup from this set and it's my goal to have it in hand before the end of the year. That card is Hall of Fame catcher Mike Piazza.

2 comments:

  1. I never understood the concept of eTopps... but I love the way they look. A lot of their designs remind me of Topps Gold Label from the late 90's. Best of luck on this HOF set!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fuji. I'm not a fan of the early designs but their mid 2000s are great. Honestly, if I could collect every single eTopps baseball card produced I would, but I just don't have room to store over 1,000 of these.

      Delete