Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Why go for gold when you can have bronze?

I was able to purchase two more cards for my Pete Rose PC....both of them of the bronze mini variety. These cards measure 1 1/4 by 1 3/4. The first is a 1984 Topps Gallery of Champions card. This card is part of a 12 card set that Topps released in 1984. The sets were available in either bronze or silver. I still need to find the silver for my collection.


The second is a 1985 Topps bronze mini of Pete's 1985 Topps base card. These were sent to dealers who ordered a case of 1985 Topps Traded sets. Glad I was able to add one of these to my collection for a decent price.

7 comments:

  1. I really wish Topps would bring these back. Miniature cards made out of metal rule!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Fuji, I'm a huge fan. I also prefer the 1995 Topps Legends of the 60's set. An actual bronze size baseball card. They're absolutely fantastic!

      Delete
    2. Nice call. I'm actually in the process of building that set. I'm down to needing only the Hank Aaron. Those things are thick and heavy.

      Delete
  2. Whoa... I've never seen or heard of either of these things - super cool! \m/ metal rules!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tony, if you're interested, there are a couple of Cubs in these sets. Ryne Sandberg is included in the 1985 and 1991 Gallery of Champions set, Andre Dawson is included in the 1988 set, and Jerome Walton is in the 1990 set.

      Delete
  3. Sweet! Would be cool to have the whole set!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be nice. Topps even included a nice display box for these. Of course, I wouldn't have any room to store them but it is wishful thinking.

      Delete