Thursday, August 31, 2017

On Card

There are a TON of autographs out there in the collecting world that are sticker autographs. Not that it's an entirely bad thing, but if a player just signs a sheet of stickers and returns it to a card company then the chances of that player ever coming into contact of those cards that have stickers slapped on them is slim to none. Granted, I do have a few sticker autograph cards in my collection. I like how they're designed, but I'll take an on card autograph any day over a sticker auto. This 2015 Sport Kings Pete Rose autograph is the latest card to enter my collection....and it's ON CARD. I know, it's an unlicensed card but I really like the design. I have the 2007 version of this card that isn't autographed so this complements that card nicely.

6 comments:

  1. I don't think I have ever seen any of the Sport Kings autos before. They sure are good looking cards, congratulations on your purchase!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a huge fan of logoless cardboard... but this card is definitely the exception. Congratulations on add this beautiful card to your collection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have removed several of the stickers from cards and actually had the player sign the card. I did this with both Jesse Winker and Robert Stephenson on their inception cards. I love the way they came out and neither player said anything about it.

    ReplyDelete