Wednesday, July 24, 2019

I'll Take Votto for 10

Every now and then I run across a steal of a deal when searching eBay. That being said, most of the time those deals have come and gone since someone else swooped in to grab it before I could. Case in point, I found out a few months ago a couple of sellers had listed the 2011 Topps Gypsy Queen autograph of CC Sabathia for $30. That's still one card I need from my set and of course I wasn't able to get it. Last night I was browsing for cards I still need for my 2008 Topps Votto rookie project when I stumbled across this card listed for $9.99 or best offer. I knew if I put an offer in on the card it probably wouldn't be there by the time the seller had to decide whether or not to accept. So for $9.99 I picked up this 2008 Topps Co-Signers Joey Votto/Daric Barton card. While it doesn't have a rookie logo on the card, it definitely has a home in my Reds autograph binder.

2 comments:

Fuji said...

Congratulations on that find! There are deals to be made on cards that feature multiple autographs where one of the guys is a common. I would have done the same thing and just bought it. Sometimes deals are too good to risk someone else pouncing on it before you.

Reds Card Collector said...

Thanks Fuji. I was shocked to find it listed for so low. I hadn't really thought about looking for multi player autograph cards but that might be worth checking out.