Tuesday, November 19, 2019

MVP

I don't have a lot of NBA cards and considering this blog is devoted to a baseball team I guess this post would be considered an oddity. This is one of those sets I picked up back in the 90s, sold years ago to downsize my collection, and then reacquired a few months ago due to remorse for letting it go in the first place. The 1992-93 Upper Deck NBA MVP Hologram set is a boxed set that consists of 37 cards. There were a paltry 138,000 sets produced so I guess you would consider that limited in 90s standards. The checklist for this set is pretty strong with many Hall of Fame players including Jordan, Drexler, Malone, Wilkins, O'Neil, and Robinson to name a few. I think the overall card design is fantastic and screams the 90s in a Saved by the Bell kind of way. Anyway, I'm glad this set is once more part of my collection.

2 comments:

Fuji said...

Awesome card! I have a few 90's Upper Deck boxed sets from a few different sports. I've gotta go dig and see if I own this set.

Reds Card Collector said...

Thanks Fuji! This is a really amazing set. I love the holograms.