Monday, April 13, 2020

Second Time Around

I'm sure we collectors have done this before. Thinned out our collections over time and gotten rid of cards we thought no longer fit only to have second thoughts later about what we've done. Last year I decided to purge a lot of cards that didn't fit into the baseball category. This included my Stadium Club Football and Hockey sets, my 1989 Hoops and 1990 Skybox Basketball sets, my 2015 Topps Update All-Star Stitch set, and my Star Wars Chrome Perspectives set. Needless to say, a few months after I purged my collection I started having regrets about my decision. Many of those sets I remember putting together as a kid by buying packs at the local card shop or by getting wax boxes from my parents for Christmas when I was in high school. Over the past few months I've been able to reacquire the Stadium Club sets and the 1990 Skybox set. I never got rid of the 1989 Hoops set so that was a plus. Last week I was able to track down the last prototype I needed for my Skybox set so I'm glad to have that set completed. It was just as fun completing this set the second time around as it was the first.

5 comments:

Fuji said...

Congratulations! Very cool card. I was big on collecting MJ during the 90's and never added this one to my collection.

Reds Card Collector said...

Thanks Fuji. They're not that expensive but I looked at getting some of Jordan's inserts from that time period and they're too rich for my blood.

Fuji said...

Last night I was watching a YouTube video (created by fellow blogger: beansballcardblog) that mentioned that Jordan cards are super hot right now. I guess it has to do with a documentary that is going to be released later in the week or something.

Collecting Cutch said...

Nice MJ card. His stuff is on 🔥 right now

Reds Card Collector said...

Thanks! Yeah it's crazy how expensive his cards have become. Glad I'm not an JM super collector.