Friday, April 25, 2014

Coming Full Circle

Welcome back,
Your dreams were your ticket out.

Welcome back,
To that same old place that you laughed about.

Well the names have all changed since you hung around,
But those dreams have remained and they're turned around.

Who'd have thought they'd lead ya (Who'd have thought they'd lead ya)
Here where we need ya (Here where we need ya)

Yeah we tease him a lot cause we've hot him on the spot, welcome back,
Welcome back, welcome back, welcome back.

That's what's been playing in my mind since I've been looking through my recent completion of the year...the 1986 Topps set. These cards were the first that I collected when I got into the hobby, and I won't bore you with the details, but it's always held a sentimental place in my heart. I, like many of you, liquidated my collection in the mid 90s and so it's been quite some time since I've gazed on all of these cards. Sure, I've got the 1986 Topps Reds team set, but it just wasn't the same. Hopefully I can get these in a binder sometime soon so that I can flip through them at my leisure. For your listening pleasure, the complete Welcome Back Kotter theme song is below.


2 comments:

Fuji said...

Great song... definitely stirred up some good memories. Same thing goes with the 1986 Topps set. It was the last set I collected, before I transitioned into a card investor. If I were to write a post about it, I'd use Henley's End of the Innocence. Wait... maybe I will. Thanks for the inspiration.

Reds Card Collector said...

No problem Fuji. Can't wait to read the post.