Monday, December 29, 2014

McFarlane Johnny Bench

I sat on the fence for the longest time in making this decision. I've been collecting Reds bobbleheads for years now, but I wasn't quite sure if I wanted to venture out and chase retail figures. After going back and forth on this for well over a year I decided I would go after these McFarlane figures, but only those produced depicting members of the Big Red Machine. This would limit me on just two figures (Johnny Bench and Joe Morgan). A few weeks back I was able to grab this opened Johnny Bench on eBay for more than half of what I would pay if it were still in the packaging. It's very detailed compared to the Kenner Starting Lineup figures and the poses are great. Johnny leaning over a rail to catch a foul ball is great! I do have plans of acquiring the Joe Morgan figure sometime in 2015 (just in time for the 40 anniversary of the 1975 World Series Championship).



7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Fuji! Wasn't sure I would like it as much as my bobbleheads, but I think I actually like it more.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never bought one but I've always been intrigued by the McFarlane's. The Bench looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hackenbush! I was a little hesitant on buying one but decided to bite the bullet when I saw this Bench figure. I'm glad I decided to grab one. I probably won't purchase all the Cincinnati Reds figures, but having Bench and Morgan from the Big Red Machine days will definitely make a nice addition to my collection.

      Delete
  4. You should get it signed. I got him to sign the area to the left of the hand rail in beautiful silver paint pen at the Moeller show!!! It looks great displayed. I plan to get Morgan to sign at the All-Star Fan Fest this season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought about that, but I think I'll probably have him sign my mini home plate.

      Delete