Monday, November 2, 2015

My Second Tobacco Card of the Year!

I was able to purchase this t206 Dick Hoblitzell on eBay a few weeks back for just over $30 shipped. Not a bad price for a piece of cardboard that's over 100 years old. Last night marked the end of baseball for 2015. While many of us our glad to put that miserable season behind us, I think we're all a bit sad knowing that we have to wait until spring to see our teams take the field once more. Anyway, I'm not waiting until spring to collect baseball cards. In fact, it's the one thing that helps me sooth the pain and pass the winter months without baseball. It's especially helpful when you can stare at cards such as these and know that in the grand scheme of things Opening Day is not that far away.

2 comments:

Nick said...

Tobacco cards are always, always beautiful. Congrats!

Reds Card Collector said...

Thanks Nick!