Wednesday, February 10, 2016

2016 Topps

So just about everyone has weighed in on 2016 Topps. Based on the overall feedback it would appear that most of us bloggers out there aren't very thrilled with this year's flagship product. I too am not a fan of this year's design for one specific reason: it's a mashup between Stadium Club and Gypsy Queen. I appreciate the fact that Topps decided to do away with the border on this years design. I also like many of the photos they used as well. Unfortunately, what could have been a good design fails with the fading and blurring background and the obscene amount of space wasted with the peeking logo at the bottom corner of each card. I'm all for team logos on cards, but this was just executed poorly. I purchased a jumbo pack from Target the other day and this was the only Red I pulled. I guess I should be happy that I landed at least one member of my team. The pack wasn't too shabby and I did land some decent cards that I'm more than willing to trade to any of you out there if you're interested. I'm only looking for base 2016 Reds in return (looking for cards 48, 176, 199, 221, 222, 292, 328, 333). Anyway, here are a couple of cards some of you might be interested in. Just drop me an email at lucksc0620 at gmail.com if you're interested. I'll have a complete list of cards available hopefully tomorrow.

Update: ok, here's the list
37 C.J. Cron (Los Angeles Angels)
42 A.J. Ramos (Miami Marlins)
46 Jhonny Peralta (St. Louis Cardinals)
84 Mookie Betts (Boston Red Sox)
89 Edwin Encarnacion (Toronto Blue Jays)
90 Koji Uehara (Boston Red Sox)
112 Matt Kemp (San Diego Padres)
119 Sean Doolittle (Oakland A's)
132 Joe Ross (Washington Nationals)
161 Phil Hughes (Minnesota Twins)
167 Jacob Ellsbury (New York Yankees)
174 Jared Weaver (Los Angeles Angels)
178 Rob Refshyder (New York Yankees)
184 Travis Jankowski (San Diego Padres)
203 Aaron Hill (Arizona Diamondbacks)
209 Max Scherzer (Washington Nationals)
229 Jesse Hahn (Oakland A's)
233 J.J. Hardy (Baltimore Orioles)
242 Matt Wisler (Atlanta Braves)
254 Matt Holliday (St. Louis Cardinals)
276 Francisco Cervelli (Pittsburgh Pirates)
279 Evan Gattis (Houston Astros)
290 Zack Godley (Arizona Diamondbacks)
297 Detroit Tigers Team Card
321 Hanley Ramirez (Boston Red Sox)
329 Comeback Kids (New York Yankees)
341 Josh Hamiton (Texas Rangers)
346 League Leaders (Keuchel, Estrada, Kluber)
349 Ben Revere (Toronto Blue Jays)
350 Kris Bryant (Chicago Cubs)
131 Adam LaRoche (Chicago White Sox) Gold Parallel
FP-14 Hayley Atwell (Kansas City Royals) First Pitch
P-22 Randy Johnson (Arizona Diamondbacks) Perspectives
WOW-9 Nomar Garciaparra (Los Angeles Dodgers) Walk-Off Winners






3 comments:

Jason Culley said...

Hello there. Long time card collector, just got back into the blogging game and came across your post. I'd be interested in trading for the MLB Debut Mike Trout for my set. I have 176, 221, 222, 328, and 333. If your interested send me an email at jlculley@gmail.com and we can exchange info. If your interested in checking out my blog it is located at http://thewillclarkproject.wordpress.com.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Jason

Reds Card Collector said...

Thanks Jason. I'll put the Trout aside for you. I'll send you an email with my address.

Jason Culley said...

Got it and replied. Thanks!

Jason