Monday, March 20, 2017

Hot Off the Press....Well, Sorta!

For the past few weeks I've been keeping an eye on a couple of cards that appeared on eBay under one of my followed searches. On Saturday I decided to finally purchase both card - a 2013 Topps Opening Day Magenta Joey Votto printing plate and a 2013 Topps Mini Yellow Joey Votto printing plate. I'm excited to finally be adding not one, but two new "cards" to my 2013 Topps Joey Votto rainbow project. It has been well over a year since I purchased a card for this project and I was wondering if the well had run dry with trying to find cards I still need. There are now 33 different cards that comprise this rainbow. I still have hope of trying to track down three more cards to put me at 36. I would eventually like to purchase 4 ultra pro 9 card screw down cases and display the cards on the wall of my man cave (similar to an Andy Warhol work of art). 



2 comments:

Mike Matson said...

I can honestly say I don't get the appeal of the printing plates, etc.. Then again.. I'm kind of "Get off my lawn" about the whole thing of 5000000 parallels.. lol

Reds Card Collector said...

I would agree with you regarding the "millions" of parallels. As a player collector it would drive me insane. That said, in regards to printing plates, I just think it's cool to own something that was used to create the cards in my collection.