Monday, March 11, 2019

Milling Around

Here's the latest T206 to enter my collection. This marks my 12th T206 card and the first to feature the Old Mill advertising. I'm 11 cards shy of completing the Reds team set so I'm officially past the halfway mark on completing this team set. On a side note, I discovered that Dubuc was caught up in the largest scandal in baseball history. During the 1920 investigation into the Black Sox Scandal, evidence was discovered showing that Sleepy Bill Burns had advised Dubuc that the 1919 World Series had been fixed and that Dubuc should, therefore, bet on the Cincinnati Reds. Dubuc was neither a participant nor a conspirator in the scandal, but was pursued for his "guilty knowledge" of the fix. (according to Wikipedia).

3 comments:

Jon said...

Great card, awesome condition too!

Reds Card Collector said...

Thanks Jon!

Heritage guy said...

Hi, I am not sure how to use this site but I am in desperate need of one extremely random Reds card. I wondering if you would have any feel on it. It is a 2002 Gookie Dawkins Topps Heritage Chrome /553. If you have it please shoot me an email at simosp@esuhsd.org.