Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Lou Gehrig says...

Lou Gehrig says that I got this Tony Piet for a steal. I stumbled across this listing last week on eBay with a starting bid of $.99. Once the auction wrapped up this past Sunday the auction ended with a final price of $.99. There are no creases in the card and with a few fuzzy corners and a little bit of surface wear I would say that for once I came out way ahead on a listing. I love the design of the 1934 Goudeys. With the Gehrig tag line on the bottom to the sharp colors and baseball diamond drawing in the background, this is one of my favorite pre-war card sets ever produced. The Piet is the first Goudey to enter my collection and I hope to add a few more before the end of the year.

3 comments:

Jon said...

That was cheap! It worked out pretty well for you, not so much for the seller though.

Reds Card Collector said...

Absolutely Jon. I was afraid he might not ship the card with it selling at that price but I was very surprised that it arrived yesterday in the mail. It's fantastic. Unfortunately, the other Goudey cards I need in this set are $30 or more per card. At least there's only 6 more I need to hunt down in this set.

mike32 said...

DO YOU WANT A BUSINESS/INVESTMENT LOAN? Credit House IS HERE FOR YOU: lantexcreditfinancier@outlook.com

We’ve provided over $180 million in business loans to over 15,000 business owners just like you. We use our own designated risk technology to provide you with the right business loan so you can grow your business. Our services are fast and reliable, loans are approved within 72 hours of successful application. We offer loans from a minimum range of $5000 to a maximum of $500 million.

We are certified and your privacy is 100% safe with us. Worry no more about your loans or finances.
____________________________
Contact us today via:
lantexcreditfinancier@outlook.com

Get your instant loan approval today.