Wednesday, February 19, 2020

It's been 2 years!

That's right, it's been 2 years since I've been able to add a card to my 2013 Topps Joey Votto Rainbow project. Talk about a dry spell. This card appeared on eBay last week with an option of Buy it Now or Best Offer. Needless to say, I decided to pay full price for this card since this was only the second time since 2013 that I had seen a copy. The card arrived yesterday in the mail and I've already added the card to the binder. This marks my 36th card for this project. My goal is to track down four more cards for this project: 2013 Topps Factory Orange numbered to 230, 2013 Topps Silver Slate Framed numbered to 10, 2013 Topps Opening Day Toys R Us Purple, and a 2013 Topps Chrome Pink Refractor numbered to 5. At the rate I'm going now, I should have this wrapped up in 2030.

6 comments:

Fuji said...

Chasing rainbows is a blast. It might take a few years, but when you finally catch it... I'm sure it'll be well worth the wait.

arpsmith said...

Cool pick up, those camos look nice. Good luck on your quest.

Reds Card Collector said...

Thanks Fuji. It's been fun.....but I will never attempt another one after this.

Reds Card Collector said...

Thanks arpsmith. I wasn't sure if I would like the card once it arrived but I do. The picture doesn't do the card justice.

Jon said...

Two years since your last addition... that's some dedication right there!

Reds Card Collector said...

Yeah, I've not quite given up on this project just yet.