Thursday, January 6, 2022

Looking Back and Forging Ahead

I'm a little late on this post considering that the new year began six days ago. Better late than never I suppose. I made some progress with my collection in 2021 including a rebuild of the 2015 Topps Update All Star Stitches and Joey Votto rookie projects. I still regret getting rid of that set and those rookie cards but it's been fun to tackle these projects all over again. That being said, I'm down to needing only eight more relic cards to complete the Stitches set and I only need three more Votto rookies before I can consider that project complete. I also picked up about a dozen cards from my 1991 Stadium Club proof set and I can now say that I'm less than 200 cards shy of wrapping up that set build. As for my Reds Team sets, I only acquired the 2021 Topps flagship and update sets. Thankfully I was able to get all the short prints that were part of this year's release but I didn't make a dent in my vintage want list. I also started a new project, my Votto Parallel Universe collection. Out of a waitlist of 90 cards I acquired 30 cards for this project. Not a bad start. In addition, I grabbed a few more remaining cards from the autograph portion of Topps' 2011 Gypsy Queen leaving me with two cards still to acquire (Aaron and Koufax). Finally, I was able to pick up a few more cards for my 2015 Topps Strata Shadowbox collection.

So, what's in store this year? I'm hoping I can complete my 2015 Topps Update All Star Stitches set. That shouldn't be too difficult since there are only eight cards I need to track down. I'm also aiming to acquire the last few Reds cards I need from 1951 Bowman. I also plan on crossing the sixty card threshold for my Votto Parallel Universe project and track down a few more Strata Shadowbox cards (at least two more to put me past the halfway point). I'm also hoping to add at least sixty more Pete Rose cards to my Rose PC as well as acquire as many 1991 Stadium Club proof cards as I can from my waitlist. I know it's a bit ambitious but I think I can get reach these goals. We'll see. Have a great year everyone!

4 comments:

Fuji said...

I've been debating on starting a Pete Rose PC... focusing mainly on the 80's and earlier. It probably won't happen this year, but one day. Best of luck on your goals this year.

Reds Card Collector said...

Thanks Fuji. I definitely prefer the cards from his playing days. Especially all the different oddball and food issued cards from the 70s and 80s.

Jon said...

I don't recall hearing about those proofs before. Went and looked them up, definitely don't remember those! Seems like quite the set to chase though!

Reds Card Collector said...

Thanks Jon. Should be a fun project. I'm sure it'll take a while to complete but then again I'm been working on my 2004 Fleer Authentix set for almost twenty years :)