Thursday, August 8, 2024

A Different Kind of Elly

Over the past few months the 2024 Topps design has grown on me. So much so, that I thought about chasing a rainbow of Elly De La Cruz flagship cards. That project was quickly dashed once I started looking into what it would cost to acquire just nine different parallels (and we're not talking about short print stuff either). I thought I would go after anything with a print run of 499 or greater, but after I added up the cost the project would have run me well over $700. NO THANKS! Prices have become stupid expensive for stuff that would have only cost a fraction of that 10 years ago. I feel like fanatics has built their business on a house of cards (figuratively speaking) and it's only a matter of time before it comes crashing down. It can't last, and it won't last. Enough of my ranting. Instead of a rainbow I decided to purchase something way more affordable and I'm very happy with these cards. These three Elly cards are from the Topps Flagship Companion set. I love the different images and the prices for these were reasonable. I would eventually like to add a Reds Team set card of Elly to this grouping and place the four cards in a BCW four card screw down to show them off. 






2 comments:

Fuji said...

I'd approach it the same way. The hobby will eventually cool off. Hopefully it doesn't crash though, because collecting is more enjoyable when there are card shows and shops.

Reds Card Collector said...

I hope so too Fuji. I don't mind a lot of people showing interest in the hobby but I hate how people are dumping money and driving up prices with the intent of cashing out making a huge profit.