Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Mr. Redlegs All-Star Edition!

When I first heard that the Reds were giving away a bobblehead commemorating the 2015 All-Star game that's to be hosted at Great American Ballpark next year, I was a bit skeptical but when I saw that it was none other than Mr. Redlegs himself I knew I had to have one of these for my collection. I spent $35 on this exquisite nodder that was given out to the first 25,000 fans on August 23 of this year when the Reds hosted the Braves. The Reds won that game 1-0 if you're interested. The base shows the various years that the All-Star game was hosted in Cincinnati. There were no corporate sponsors for this bobblehead, which I'm happy with since I think a Coca-Cola, Cincinnati Bell or Kroger logo would ruin it. I'm still debating on whether or not I should attend the All-Star game next year. It's nice that it's only 4 hours south of me and since it's almost been 30 years since the last All-Star game in Cincinnati, I would be pushing 70 if it took another 30 years to make its way back to the Queen City.

No comments: