Monday, July 27, 2015

More Pins!

My apologies for not posting sooner. I've been out of town visiting family in California and I had a great time spending a week on the central coast in Arroyo Grande with my sister and her family. Vacation is always a blast, but the first day back to work after a week off is always painful. It's also painful when one of your favorite players is traded. I knew it was coming but I also know that in the grand scheme of things it's better for the Reds to get something for him before he departs for greener pastures when free agency hits. Enough with the sorrow - onward to my latest pickup. In my previous post I mentioned buying some pins from 1993. I decided to follow that up by purchasing the 1994 and 1995 Coca-Cola pin sets as well. The 1994 set consists of 5 pins that detail the Reds World Championship years (1919, 1940, 1975, 1976, 1990) and the 1995 set, also consisting of 5 pins, showcases the evolving logo of the Reds from 1869 to 1995 (1869, 1907, 1911, 1939, 1995). So far I have a total of 19 different pins. I would still like to find pins commemorating the 1938, 1953 and 1970 All-Star games held in Cincinnati and I have my sights set on a pin commemorating the first interleague game the Reds played (against the Chicago White Sox back in June of 1997). Hopefully in the near future I can have the pins mounted in a display and post a pic.

3 comments:

Daniel Wilson said...

Great looking pins! My mother-in-law just got married and they are having a house built in Arroyo Grande. We are planning to go out there in September.

Reds Card Collector said...

Thanks Dan! Small world. I love visiting my sister just because they live two miles from the ocean and the fact that it's 75 degrees year round. I couldn't imagine living out there though because it's so expensive and I enjoy the seasons.

Nick said...

I love pins, and I've always meant to expand my collection of them.

Also, I saw your comment on my blog and I'd be happy to send you that Kahn's Pete Rose. Email me your address at nickpecucci AT sbcglobal DOT net and I'll get it out to you. Thanks!