Monday, April 16, 2018

1989-90 NBA Hoops

Ok, so this will be the last time (probably) that I mention basketball cards on a baseball card blog. This set is like a bad penny. It just keeps turning up in my collection. I remember in 1989 when this set was all the rage due to the David Robinson rookie cards. I wanted to purchase packs of this stuff but when the card stores where charging anywhere from $1-$3 dollars a pack, I just couldn't bite. As time went on thought, and these cards became MUCH more affordable I had to add this set to my collection. This is probably the third time I've had this set in my collection after getting rid of it twice because I felt like it just didn't belong. This time it's here to stay for good. Coupled with the fact that I was able to track down the special promotional binder that was released with these cards in 1989, I'm glad to have this bad penny turn up once more.

2 comments:

Fuji said...

Great card! There might be millions of copies of it floating around our hobby... but it doesn't take away the fact that it's an iconic card that played a huge role in our hobby history.

Reds Card Collector said...

Thanks Fuji. Yeah, I still remember when they were going for $30 a pop. Crazy! I'll be praying for your Mom for a speedy recovery.