Thursday, June 18, 2020

Home Runs and Strikeouts

I've been working on my 2003 Fleer Authentix set now for 17 years! Talk about a long project. I didn't think it would take this long to track down every single card (not counting the parallels) for this set, but it has. I'm still 4 cards shy of wrapping up this project. Once I track down that last card and place it in the binder I will breathe a sigh of relief and be proud of the accomplishing a task that's going on two decades to complete. Until then, I'll show off a couple of cards I picked up for this set.




There are three autographs to be found in 2003 Fleer Authentix: Barry Bonds, Derek Jeter, and Nolan Ryan. The Bonds I acquired back in January of this year and the Ryan I finally pulled the trigger on last week and purchased. I think it's fantastic that I now own autographs for the all time leaders in strikeouts and home runs. That just leaves the captain to acquire sometime in the foreseeable future. The other cards I still need are a Hometown Heroes Johnny Damon relic, and base cards of Chin-Feng Chen and Bobby Doerr.

2 comments:

Fuji said...

Awesome autographs! Best of luck on finding that Jeter to complete the autograph set.

Reds Card Collector said...

Thanks Fuji! There are a couple on eBay right now but they're starting at $250+, that's a little too much for me :)