Thursday, June 4, 2020

You look marvelous for 111 years old!

It's been quite some time since I've added a vintage card to my collection. Over the past year I've been concentrating on my Votto Rookie Card project and I've been neglecting the few pre-war sets I have on my want list. If I were to devote more time to grabbing the cards I want from the T206, 1933 and 1934 Goudey, and 1941 Play Ball sets I could probably have half of those completed by the end of the year. Unfortunately, my attention span is that of a gnat and I get distracted easily with other things. Anyway, back to my latest addition to my Reds card collection. I found this T206 Bescher on eBay yesterday for a price I was willing to pay. The condition was decent (no creases) and the colors were nice and bright as well as a nice clean back. With this pickup, I'm down to only needing 9 more cards to complete the Reds T206 set. Unfortunately, 4 of those cards are Hall of Famers (2 Miller Huggins and 2 Clark Griffiths).

2 comments:

Fuji said...

Congratulations on adding a new T206 to your collection. I haven't really targeted any Athletics since I picked up my Chief Bender a while back. Maybe I should. Then again... I really need to cut back on spending. Ugh. The dilemmas we face as collectors.

Reds Card Collector said...

Thank Fuji! Yes, in this hobby the choices are endless. Who knows what rabbit hold we might end up down.