Friday, July 19, 2024

Everything's Just Rosie When It Comes To This Bobblehead!

It has been a LONG time since I added a bobblehead to my collection. I really don't collect bobbleheads anymore due to the fact that they just take up too much space. I would like to eventually add a City Connect Elly De La Cruz, but they're way too expensive at the moment. Maybe I'll grab one in a year or two when the hype fades. In the meantime, my in-laws are in the process of downsizing and gifted me with this Rosie Red bobblehead that they've had stored at their place. I've thought about purchasing one of these for a while now but never got around to doing it. I guess it pays to be patient. The Reds gave these out at their June 30, 2018 game when they faced the Brewers. Cincinnati won that game 12-3. The highlight of the game occurred when Michael Lorenzen (who normally pitches) came in to the game to pinch hit and hit a grand slam in the bottom of the seventh for the Reds. 

1 comment:

Fuji said...

Wow. Pinch hit grand slam by a pitcher? That's really cool. It's even cooler that your in-laws attended the game and passed along a piece of memorabilia like this bobblehead to you.

My feelings towards bobbles are similar to yours. I collected them for a few years, but they take up too much space. I'll still buy one here or there if they're cheap and it's a player or personality I really, really like.