Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Dirt

It's always a challenge for me to decide what exactly I want to buy when I get a gift card. For the past month I've had a gift card for Amazon.com burning a hole in my pocket and with no clue whatsoever as to what I should buy. After spending a week browsing through some of their Cincinnati Reds offerings I settled on this nice piece to add to my Red's man cave. This 4"x6" plaque issued by Steiner Sports has a great shot of Great American Ball Park with some infield dirt embedded. I wasn't sure what to expect when I finally received the plaque in the mail, but now that I have it, I'm glad that I ordered it. While some of you may say "It's just dirt", I would respond by saying, yes it's dirt...but not just any dirt. It's dirt that's been trod upon by my home team who I watch and cheer on every season as I too celebrate in their heartaches and triumphs. Dirt from a game that's as much a symbol of America as apple pie. Sure it's dirt, but it's also baseball.

1 comment:

Fuji said...

Huge fan of dirt. Very nice addition to your man cave.