Monday, June 2, 2014

7th Entry into the Album of Amazing

Yesterday I was able to attend my first game of the season and it was a blast! I took my wife's uncle, who was in town from Cincinnati to see the Indians and Rockies play. He had not been to Progressive Field before so I offered to watch a game with him. I was able to land to great seats close to home plate for $35 a piece. We almost had a foul ball drop in our lap (if we had been sitting two rows up it would have been ours). But the icing on the cake was witnessing my first walk-off home run to end a ballgame. The Reds have been and always will be my team, but since I've lived in the Cleveland area from more than 10 years now, the Tribe has started growing on me. I don't mind cheering for the Indians, just not when they're playing the Reds. Which leads me to my seventh card in this project. I remember seeing this card growing up at the local card shop and thinking that it was one sweet card. Doug Jones staring at a baseball on fire....smokin! I knew I had to have that card someday and with me starting the Album of Amazing project this year it gave me a reason to purchase it. 

No comments: