Thursday, April 16, 2015

The Magnificent Seven

Last week I made another purchase for my 2013 Topps Votto rainbow project and the card finally arrived in my mailbox yesterday. It's not as flashy as my previous pickups. In fact, you could say that it's a little dull. Regardless, it was still a card I needed and it's one less card to chase. This is the 29th card in my Votto rainbow project and while it appears to be your standard 2013 Topps base card, it's not. This is the 2013 Topps Cincinnati Reds Team Set Votto card that was distributed with the Factory Teams sets that Topps distributed. The only difference with this card and the standard base card is the numbering on the back. This Votto is numbered CIN-1 as compared to 19. With this addition, I'm seven short of completing the rainbow. Those magnificent seven are: a 2013 Topps Factory Orange Votto /230, a 2013 Topps Silver Slate parallel /10, a 2013 Topps Opening Day Toys R Us parallel, a 2013 Topps Chrome Camo /15, a 2013 Topps Chrome Atomic /10, a 2013 Topps Chrome Pink /5, and a 2013 Topps Mini Black /5. I have a feeling it's going to take some time to find them.

No comments: