Saturday, December 31, 2016

2016 Year in Review

Another year has come and gone with the blink of an eye. As I've done the past few years I decided to once again reflect on how my collection has changed over the past twelve months. Below is a quick recap of my collecting milestones for 2016:
  1. Reached the halfway mark on my 1971 Topps Set
  2. Added more than 75 new cards to my Pete Rose PC
  3. Completed my 1991 Topps Desert Shield Cincinnati Reds team set
  4. Completed my 2008 eTopps Set
  5. Purchased a 1963 Cincinnati Reds Scorecard 
  6. Completed my 2014 and 2015 Topps Star Wars Chrome Perspectives sets
  7. Added 8 new cards to my Rookie Book project (Maddux, Griffey, Thomas, Gwynn, Jackson, Mattingly, Canseco, Smoltz)
  8. Added a black mini to my 2013 Topps Votto Rainbow project
  9. Purchased a ticket stub to the September 11, 1985 Reds game where Pete Rose recorded his 4,192 hit surpassing Ty Cobb as the Hit King
  10. Added another T206 to my collection (Billy Campbell)
  11. Added 6 bobbleheads to my collection (Cueto, Chapman, Mesoraco, Cozart, Rolen, Frazier)
  12. Completed my 2016 Topps Cincinnati Reds team set
  13. Purchased a 2016 Kahn's Cincinnati Reds team set
  14. Purchases a 1955 Topps replica tin sign for the man cave
  15. Add 66 2014 Bowman Billy Hamilton rookies to my Bowman Billy Binder project
I had hoped to wrap up my man cave and post pictures to the blog this past year, but that was one project where I failed miserably. I'm hopeful however that by this coming spring I'll have it finished and pictures to post. I hope everyone has a Happy New Year and here's to another year of collecting in 2017!

2 comments:

Fuji said...

Wow. You hit a lot of collecting milestones in 2016. Congratulations! That 2008 eTopps set is really cool. Happy New Year!

Reds Card Collector said...

Thanks Fuji! Happy New Year!