Tuesday, September 6, 2011

2008 Topps

Could Topps have made this set any worse than what they did? This is probably one of my least favorite sets that Topps put together. I guess the reason I have such a dislike for this product is the way the team name is represented on the top of the card. The big circles around the letters remind me of a carnival. Worse yet, they remind me of those stupid balloon dart games you play at the carnival where you spend a buck to win some dopey prize that only costs ten cents to make and will break before you even exit the gate to go home. Probably the only thing I like about this set is the Votto card, since it is his rookie card and he's my next favorite current Reds player (after Jay Bruce). But other than that, these cards make great fire starters for a campfire on cool autumn nights. Just wish I would be watching the Reds in the post season again this year, but no such luck. I will say that if any team deserves to win the National League Central this year....it's the Brewers. I'll be cheering for Milwaukee come October. Let's hope they can get past Philly.

No comments: