Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Two in the Box, Ready to Go...

I be fast and they be slow! I'm already out of the gate when it comes to knocking off my card collecting goals in 2013. This past week I was able to complete TWO of my ten goals for this year. Due to the generosity of my wife's grandfather, I was able to get a 1989-90 Hoops complete set and a T206 Tom Downey. The Hoops set is more nostalgia than anything else. I collected basketball for only three years when I was growing up 89, 90 and 91. Although Cincinnati didn't have a team, I was a Bulls fan with Jordan, Pippen, Grant led by Phil Jackson. My favorite card in the 89 Hoops set though was the Robinson rookie and now I can say I own one of my favorite childhood cards. As for my other Christmas present, I love tobacco cards and I'll buy any Reds tobacco card all day long if there aren't any creases on the card and it's less than $30! I just happened to stumble upon this Downey on eBay right after New Years and I'm very excited to add this to my collection. I know that not all of my goals will be as easy to accomplish as these two, but it's nice to stumble across great bargains, especially when those bargains wind up as part of your collection.

No comments: