Monday, February 24, 2014

What a Catch!

It's been a while since I've picked up anything for my Cincinnati Reds man cave and although I do like adding some vintage cardboard to my collection, I'm always on the lookout for some great pieces that I would like to display in the cave. Last week I came across a listing on eBay for a vintage Wilson Smoky Burgess signature series catcher's mitt. I wasn't sure I would be able to land this since the listing price was right at the ceiling I set for what I was willing to spend on it. Needless to say, I was the only bidder so now it's part of my collection. I love old catchers mitts and I've been wanting to grab one for the longest time, unfortunately I had a long list of criteria for such a glove. I wanted to make sure it was vintage, it had to be in great condition, and if it was a signature series the player must have spent time with the Reds. I love the patina on this mitt and the piping is all original. I'm still on the lookout for a vintage Wilson Ball Hawk glove that will complement this mitt nicely!

No comments: