Monday, November 8, 2021

Changing the Rules

With the end of the baseball season here, it's also more than likely the end of pitchers batting in the National League. I'm a purest when it comes to the game. I feel that if a pitcher wants to throw at a batter then his time will come when he's standing in the box and just as likely to get beaned. I'm not a fan of the designated hitter but I guess a lot of fans want more offense in the game. Personally I don't. I would prefer watching a pitcher's dual any day of the week as compared to teams going yard all the time. It's just not the same. Regardless, time marches on and the game changes. Speaking of changing the rules, my Votto Rookie project is getting closer to completion thanks to me changing my rules for the binder. I decided to add three 2002 Bowman Votto cards to my binder because they're "technically" Votto's rookie cards according to Beckett and the way rookie cards were labeled as such under the old school way of doing things. If you're interested in what they say about that you can read the article here. I added the 2002 Bowman Draft Picks and Prospects standard card, the 2002 Bowman Draft Picks and Prospects Gold foil card and the 2002 Bowman Draft Picks and Prospects Chrome card to my album. With these additions I'm down to needing just five more cards to wrap up this project. Unfortunately 4 of the 5 cards I'm chasing are autograph cards. 

7 comments:

The Diamond King said...

I don't really care if those 2002s are considered RCs or not, I just want one!

Nachos Grande said...

Love the Votto rookie collection!

Reds Card Collector said...

Thanks Chris! It's been a fun project to put together.

Jon said...

I think that the MLB trying to appeal to the younger crowd with the upcoming changes will in time prove to be a big mistake.

Reds Card Collector said...

I agree Jon. I think they're tinkering too much with the game.

Reds Card Collector said...

Surprisingly, they're still rather affordable compared to some of his 2008 cards.

Fuji said...

I've flip-flopped on my opinion over the designated hitter over the years. The A's have always been my favorite baseball team, so I grew up with the DH. But the idea of the NL losing it is disheartening. I'll miss seeing guys like Mad Bum take Kershaw deep.

P.S. That Votto is sweet! I personally waited around too long to grab a copy.