Tuesday, August 1, 2023

It Took 20 Years, But I Finally Completed It!

Last week while I was out of town I got a notification on my phone from one of my saved searches on eBay that this card was FINALLY listed. This was the first time I had ever seen this card listed and luckily it was still there when I went to the site. This was the last card I needed to complete the 2003 Fleer Authentix set. In addition to the base set I also completed the Ballpark Classic, Game Bat, Game Jersey, Game of the Week, Hometown Heroes and Ticket Studs insert sets. I also grabbed one autograph of each player that signed in the set (Barry Bonds, Derek Jeter and Nolan Ryan). Finally, I was able to get the two promo cards that were given away at that year's All-Star Fan Fest. I did not chase after the base parallel sets nor did I pursue the "unripped" Game Bat, Game Jersey and Game of the Week inserts since they were identical to the other inserts with the exception of a low print run and barcode at the bottom of those cards. I'm happy that my perseverance finally paid off and that this set is finally completed.


































10 comments:

The Angels In Order said...

Well done, nice accomplishment.

Nachos Grande said...

Wow, that's great! I always low-key loved that set though I never went about chasing it. Congrats on the job well done.

karsal said...

Very nice!

Angus said...

That's awesome! Congratulations!

John Bateman said...

Your Shawshank Redemption

Reds Card Collector said...

Thanks guys! Definitely a time consuming project but well worth it.

Fuji said...

Wowza! That's awesome! Congratulations!

GTT said...

Congrats! Quite an achievement.

Zach said...

Congratulations! The feeling of completing a set after such a duration of time is amazing.

Jon said...

Wow! That is really impressive... congratulations!