Monday, October 16, 2023

I Never Thought I Would See Another One Again!

Have you ever gotten rid of a card only to regret, almost immediately, doing so? That was the case for me with this 2008 Topps Chrome The National Joey Votto. I had a nice collection of 2008 Votto rookies that I had amassed a few years ago but decided to get rid of them. There were a few Upper Deck rookie autograph and low number Topps Triple Threads that I parted ways with, but this Topps Chrome National was a heartbreaker. According to baseballcardpedia.com "it's believed that only 300 copies of each base card were produced for this promotion". Earlier in the week I happened to stumble across a listing for this card on Beckett Marketplace. I felt the asking price was ok and I went ahead and purchased this card since I don't know if I'll ever be able to stumble across another one again. With this purchase I now have 90 different Votto rookie cards in my collection (five 2002 Votto cards and eighty-five 2008 Votto cards). I can now mark this project as complete. If you're interested, you can view all the cards I have for this project here

3 comments:

Brett Alan said...

Congratulations! 90 different rookies of one player is almost unfathomable to me (partly because I can remember the days when players only had one!).

Jon said...

I suppose that there's no way to know for sure, but it'd be pretty wild if this copy and your original were one in the same.

Reds Card Collector said...

Thanks Brett. Yes, the days of one rookie card per player are long gone. All comes down to money I guess.

Actually Jon, the copy I once had the "National" ink was smudged on the card and this one does not have that so I know for sure it's not the one I use to own.