Friday, October 18, 2024

I Normally Don't Collect Heritage...

But I had to make an exception. When I first saw this card a few weeks ago I immediately knew that I needed to pick one up. This is the 2022 Topps Joey Votto short print variations and I just think it's an amazing card. A very nice nighttime shot of Votto in the on deck circle under the stadium lights just makes for a nice image. I was able to track down when this image was taken on Getty Images and it's June 21, 2021 when the Reds faced the Twins in Minneapolis. Cincinnati lost that game 7-5 and Votto went 2-5.

2 comments:

Fuji said...

Love the angle of that photo. Photographer did a great job of capturing Votto and a lot of the stadium in the background.

Reds Card Collector said...

I agree Fuji. One of the nicest cards I've seen in a while that's not Stadium Club