Thursday, December 8, 2011

Contest Winnings from Plaschke

Last week I was the proud winner of a contest at Plaschke, Thy Sweater is Argyle. And what did I get.....some very sweet cards. Greg sent me the Bosh relic card, the gently used vintage cards from 61 and 68, the Danny Peoples autograph card, and a ton of Cincinnati Reds cards. To say that I was thrilled with the package would be an understatement. A lot of the reds cards I have plans for sending them out for TTM autographs, which I'll start on in the next week or two. But my favorite card from the lot would have to be....a 1990 Leaf Todd Benzinger card. I had this set way back when I started collecting and, like so many, got rid of the set when I left the hobby. So, with my return to the hobby I've decided to build the set once more. I love the 1990 Leaf set and Benzinger was not only the Red who made the final out of the 1990 World Series, but also graduated from the same high school I did on the outskirts of Cincinnati. Thanks Greg for the awesome cards!

1 comment:

Greg Zakwin said...

Glad they arrived and were to your liking! Congrats once again on winning!