Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Piedmont, anyone?!

Last week I was debating if I should knock out some of the cards I need from my vintage Topps Reds team sets. Lately I've been focusing all my energy (and money) on the 55 and 56 sets. I've also been pulled by the desire of getting a few more bobbleheads that have been given out at Great American Ballpark the past few years that I need for that collection. But something happened last week that threw me for a loop. While I was browsing on ebay I came across this little gem. I've always wanted a t206 Reds tobacco card, but they've always been a little too pricey for me to pull the trigger. $40+ is a little hard to swallow, but I know that if I want some of the Hall of Famers like Clark Griffith I'll have to ante up eventually. So anyway, when I saw this Bob Spade card for $25.99 I couldn't resist. I received the card in the mail this past Saturday and it was like Christmas when I opened the envelope. I'm so excited to add this card to my collection. This Spade is now the oldest card I have in my collection and it's the first card that my wife thought was "cool"! So there's one more item to mark off on my 2012 collecting goals. Onward and upward!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a beaut! It looks like it's in good condition, but at the same time it's got the character of a card that old.

Nathan said...

Absolutely beautiful card...worth the $25