Monday, June 4, 2012

Take a Seat

A while back I posted about some seats available from Crosley Field on eBay (and how I would like to eventually purchase one for my Reds Man Cave). I finally decided to follow that post by sharing with all of you a pic of my Riverfront Stadium/Cinergy Field seats my wife and I received as a Christmas gift back in 2002 from my Mother-In-Law. These are probably one of the coolest gifts I've ever received. I love the fact that one of the seats is #10 the same number as the uniform number of the greatest manager the Reds ever had....Sparky Anderson! These seats are fantastic. The arm rests are a little weathered with some loss of paint, but that's to be expected after being left in the elements for more than thirty years. It's also amazing to think of the history these seats were witness to from the rise of the Big Red Machine, Pete Rose's 4192 hit to surpass Ty Cobb as the Hit King, and the 1990 Reds Wire-to-Wire Championship season. A very cool piece of history that I'm glad to have in my collection.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is quite awesome, I must agree!

TheHitKing said...

very cool and I am super jelous. Those seats have seen a lot of magical moments, don't forget Hank Aaron tied Babe Ruth's HR record at Riverfront in 1974, with the Hit King's record one could argue that those seats have seen the two greatest moments in sports history. I wonder what it would cost to make a small plaque to hang above them with all the great moments sean by those two chairs! I'll tell you what though, I dont miss sitting in those things for 9 innings...

Reds Card Collector said...

That's a great idea! Hadn't thought about that. I completely forgot about Aaron tying Ruth's record....or about Tom Browning's perfect game or the 1970 All-Star game where Pete ran over Ray Fosse to score the winning run in the 12th inning.