Friday, August 3, 2012

Ballparks: A Panoramic History

Here's another outstanding book that's part of my growing library of baseball literature. Anything and everything you wanted to know about today's current parks, with the exception of the new Yankee Stadium, Busch Stadium, Citizens Bank Park, PETCO Park, Citi Field, Nationals Park, Target Field and Marlins Park (anything 2004 and younger). I love the panoramic shots that are in this book. I would probably take some out and frame if it didn't destroy the book itself. One of the greatest things Ballparks has going for it is the fact that it doesn't gloss over some of the well known ballparks that are long gone. Ebbets Field, Shibe, Crosley...they're all found in here. I also appreciate the fact that each team is broken down by division as compared to alphabetical. There's a ton of information in this book and it's definitely not something that can be read in a day. But I will say that I've read through this book more than once and I have learned something new each time I've flipped through it's pages. It also makes me appreciate the stadiums of today and yesterday a little bit more if not for their quirky designs, then for the history that took place on those hallowed grounds from summers long ago.

No comments: