Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Another Smokin Card for my Collection!

It's been almost two weeks since my last post. Sorry for the delay, but I was with my family taking a much needed spring break in the Outer Banks. First time visiting and it'll probably be the last since I wasn't too impressed. But hey, at least I traveled to a place I had never been before. When I returned this nice little addition to my card collection was awaiting me in my mailbox. This is the third tobacco card I now have in my possession...and by far my favorite. It would be an understatement to say that Larry McLean lived life through a bottle. His career ended when he was involved in a brawl with Giants manager John McGraw and coach Dick Kinsella in 1915. McLean died on March 14, 1921 when he was shot by a bartender in Boston during a barroom brawl.

3 comments:

Red Cardboard said...

Excellent card! I've been eying that one for a long time for my T206 collection, with that sweet catcher's gear, but I can never pull the trigger.

Ryan said...

Nothing better than a fantastic 100+ year old baseball card that comes with a great story about the player.....thanks for sharing!

It's got some great color, too. Congrats.

Ryan

www.ryanspitch.blogspot.com
@ryanspitch

Nick said...

Nice pickup! Love the old T206 cards.