Monday, April 6, 2015

Mat Latos Bobblehead

One of the nice things about a player leaving the team is that if that player has a bobblehead, it instantly becomes more reasonable to purchase. Last week I purchased my first bobblehead in over a year. Mat apparently didn't have any kind words for the organization when he was shipped to Miami in the off-season and I'm a little bummed that he won't be sporting a Cincinnati uniform since he was a decent pitcher for the Reds. With the impending loss of Cueto and Chapman at the end of the year, I shudder to think what might become of the Reds starting rotation and bullpen. The Reds had 30,000 of these bobbleheads to pass out on June 5, 2013 against the Rockies (although not that many fans showed up for the game). This is my first bobblehead where the sponsor is Toyota. I am excited for a few of the bobblehead releases the Reds have scheduled for this year...my favorite being the Nasty Boys bobblehead featuring Dibble, Myers and Charlton

2 comments:

Mark said...

There are few things I enjoy as much as the immediate dumping of cards and memorabilia as soon as a player is traded or leave via free agency. The way I look at it, sooner or later everybody is leaving the club one way or another.

The Reds always seem to have some really good bobbleheads each year.

Reds Card Collector said...

Very true. I guess it helps to be patient :)