Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Rocket

The more I look at this hobby and my collection, the more I'm drawn back into the cards I once had and the cards I had always wanted growing up. Right before I exited the hobby I purchased a TON of 1991 Topps (both flagship and Stadium Club). While Stadium Club had an advantage because nothing like that had ever been produced before, the flagship had a lot of cool photos including this 1991 Topps Roger Clemens. This card was a no-brainier to add to my album of amazing. I'm not going to analyze every detail of this card because it's already been talked about on numerous other card blogs. What I will say is that I had a lot of respect for Clemens when he played for the Red Sox back in the mid to late 80s and early 90s. I know his chances for Cooperstown remain in limbo, but he's still one of the greatest pitchers to ever play the game. On a side note, I always think of Def Leppard's song Rocket when I see any card of Clemens.


1 comment:

Nick said...

I can't stand Roger Clemens, but I'll be the first to admit that this is one legendary baseball card.