Thursday, February 18, 2016

Wire to Wire


It seems like ages since the 1990 season (26 years to be more precise). The 1990 Reds were a team that no one imagined would win the World Series when the season began, myself included. I still don't know to this day how a scrappy mid market team from the  National League West was able to stay in first place from Opening Day through the end of the season. Regardless, it was a season to remember for Reds fans. This copy of the Cincinnati Post commemorates the Reds spectacular season and World Series championship. I still need to have the newspaper framed for displaying, but I'm happy that it's part of my collection. I don't have much hope for the 2016 season since the Reds appear to be in a rebuilding stage but who knows, they just might surprise everyone like they did back in 1990.

No comments: